Post subject: Weekend full of rides
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:02 am 
Moderately Obsessed
Moderately Obsessed

Given: 39 thanks
Received: 1499 thanks
Bike(s): TallBoy LT, Woodie, MB-2
Favorite Trails: Calavera, 5 min from house
I was happy to get a bunch of rides in this weekend.

Friday evening I was fortunate to get done with work early enough to head out for a ride and finish before dusk. Because it was already down and I decided it would be a good start to the weekend I took the Santa Cruz TallBoy LT out for a fairly short 5.5 mile ride. But I did a bit of climbing and some fun descending and a little adventuring where I found some muddy, rapey, horse trails that I probably won't ride again.

Saturday morning I wanted to get out for an early start as I had several chores planned for later in the day. I started out at 7:30, was supposed to meet someone whome shall remain unnamed at 8am, as I was riding Woodie, I decided I'd warm up with a little climbing for an excellent morning view. The climbing done, I headed back to the meeting location, only to find, I would have time to sort out a creaky seat before anyone else arrived and was ready to go. On to some fun climbing and descending, I did have to yell at Avid to slow down as I couldn't stay with him while riding my full rigid... He must not have heard me.... It was a good ride, that ended up being 11.7 miles with 1216 feet of climbing.

Sunday morning roles around and I find I was able to convince previously unnamed rider to meet me at Lake Hodges for a ride at 8am. Now, the kicker on this ride is that as some may know I have decided to tackle the Half Distance version of The Belgian Waffle Ride, so this would be a training ride. You might ask why Hodges would be a training ride, as it's generally not very technical and relatively flat. Well, when you head out on a Road Bike with 28mm slick and road pedals it becomes an entirely different story. Of course we could have stayed on the "easy" stuff, but what fun would that be, so we decided to take some of the more technical stuff we could find. I'm not to proud to say that I did walk a couple things I would normally have no issue riding, but road pedals are much harder to get out of and find footing with, oh and rim brakes don't work as well as disks.

All in all,we ended with 12.5 miles, NO CRASHES, NO FLATS, quite a few laughs and a good time.

While I also had Monday off and should have snuck in a road ride with some mileage, I instead went out for a really big brunch, then got a massage and sat around the rest of the day...

The following 6 users would like to thank 325racer for his or her post:
bankerboy, Belizean, Dirtrider, Ld00d, Ray Dolor, tfitz