Post subject: Aliso Woods Today
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:29 pm 
Active Participant
Active Participant

Given: 91 thanks
Received: 564 thanks
Bike(s): Mojo HD/Pivot Mach 6/Enduro 29
Favorite Trails: Rocky and Nasty
Weekend started out pretty piss poor. I was supposed to be heading out to Moab for the Whole Enchilada Enduro, but my wife talked me out of it since I dislocated my shoulder and aggravated some nerves in my neck 4 weeks ago. No riding since then so it would not have been much of a race anyway. Might as well get off to a slow start right? Sure...

Ended up being invited to ride Aliso Woods with a new friend I had never ridden with before. Show up start the ride and find out the place is straight up, everywhere. Oh well I am not too proud to push a few sections. Get to the top and find out we are riding Telonics, then hiking back up and going down Car Wreck. After numerous warnings about the trail with a finish of "you'll be fine" we dropped in. The trail was absolutely non stop. Brakes were only for keeping you from speeding up as stopping would have been absolutely impossible. There were also several drops in the middle of the trail that you had to hit while hanging off the back of your seat. Needless to say it was an absolute blast to ride. I did not know the trail at all so I was lucky enough to be following someone local.

Next up was Car Wreck. It was not quite as steep as Telonics, but was much rougher. The rider I was following got away quickly so I was on my own. Quickly I was on the edge as I tried to gain the time back. Unfortunately it was exactly the wrong section and as I skipped over the top of a rough section I got pretty close to balling it up into the bushes. Got it back together without anyone the wiser, especially the rider following me! Cleaned both trails and now it was time to climb back out. Got back to the car and look down to see that we did 2400' of climbing in 13 miles! Overall a great day of riding and looking forward to heading up again.

The following 8 users would like to thank Salespunk for his or her post:
Canaan, DannyHuynh, Kimba, MOSH, OldDogDan, ShiverMeTimbers, slingshot, ValE