Post subject: Re: Yo!!!
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:25 pm 
Obsessed
Obsessed

Given: 1505 thanks
Received: 1219 thanks
Favorite Trails: Crestridge
moorehouse77 wrote:
Been riding MT cause its close and lots of other people incase I wad it up. Few more weeks and I might feel a little more comfortable meeting up on a ride but at this point I'm so far out of shape its not even funny. Went and checked out Spring Canyon a little bit on Saturday. Pretty fun single tracks. Gonna go explore more when it quits raining.

Dave, if someone didnt want a beginner or slow person on their ride they label it "advanced" (with good reason of course) If a ride is posted up on here I can guarantee your more then welcome, now sack up and get over the uncomfortableness ! We all had that point where going on a ride posted by random ass people on the internet seemed like a bad idea.
Hell, the only guy Im faster than on this site only falls behind me because he takes smoke breaks :lol: Only 20% of the people here are super human, the rest of us are beer drinkin, carne asada burrito eating human beings

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:19 pm 
Active Participant
Active Participant

Given: 43 thanks
Received: 67 thanks
Bike(s): 2011 Giant Reign 2
Favorite Trails: Hollenbeck
I hear ya I hear ya.... i've been smoking for the last ten years myself (quiting as we speak) and it has disturbed me alot how out of breath I get now. 10 years ago I did nothing but ride my bike, thats all I did including a 10 mile ride each way downtown for school 5 days a week. I really could care less what other people think and there will always be somebody who's better or faster. I just know its not gonna be fun for me to get so winded that I puke on a fellow biker that I just met and invited me on a ride. Not a good way to meet people. I'm riding every saturday unless its raining and getting better everytime so it won't be long now.

By the way thanks for the tips on exhaust gas climbing ill try that next time i'm on a ride. :lol:

Dave.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:41 pm 
Sticker Shock
Sticker Shock

Given: 1635 thanks
Received: 2676 thanks
Bike(s): 5010
Favorite Trails: Unpaved
moorehouse77 wrote:
I hear ya I hear ya.... i've been smoking for the last ten years myself (quiting as we speak) and it has disturbed me alot how out of breath I get now.

I know the feeling. I smoked for 18 years. I quit almost exactly 2 years ago. I bought a mountain bike so I would not gain too much weight, and found the DirtTreaders. Jump in and go on a ride, lots of cool people here. :cheers:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:24 pm 
Obsessed
Obsessed

Given: 1505 thanks
Received: 1219 thanks
Favorite Trails: Crestridge
moorehouse77 wrote:
By the way thanks for the tips on exhaust gas climbing ill try that next time i'm on a ride. :lol:.

You laugh it works! I sound like a 4 stroke on steroids!! :lol: Just make sure you close your mouth if your riding behind me :domo:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:33 pm 
Moderately Obsessed
Moderately Obsessed

Given: 305 thanks
Received: 196 thanks
Bike(s): Canfield Brother's The One+YS
Favorite Trails: The one's with dirt
Beer and carne asada where ? haha

Welcome and as mentioned before there are a lot of cool peep's on this site and unless stated "advanced" you are most likely welcome to join - I try to hit up spring canyon once or twice a week, unfortunately not usually Saturdays either after work during the week or on Sunday's but with the rattler snake sitings starting i might have to start moving them to night rides and take a chance with the kitty's

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:37 pm 
Carbon Cabrón
Carbon Cabrón

Given: 366 thanks
Received: 764 thanks
Bike(s): Giant Trance
Favorite Trails: Anything with dirt
SoCalNomadRider wrote:
Beer and carne asada where ? haha

Welcome and as mentioned before there are a lot of cool peep's on this site and unless stated "advanced" you are most likely welcome to join - I try to hit up spring canyon once or twice a week, unfortunately not usually Saturdays either after work during the week or on Sunday's but with the rattler snake sitings starting i might have to start moving them to night rides and take a chance with the kitty's

Chris, you've got the brand spankin new 29er. You're way up there off the ground now you can just roll right on by those pesky snakes they can't even get close to that altitude you ride at....

How come I never see any of these snakes.... last year I think I saw one on the fire road near the water fall in LPQ. He was a good 3 - 4 footer though all streatched out across the fire road....